EMERGING MARKETS INFRASTRUCTURE ©2016
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
The EMI Technical Advisory Services team will identify and facilitate key areas of cooperation between U.S. and Indian Stakeholders in Ajmer (Rajasthan), Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), and Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh). Key areas of focus for the technical support services include:
• Development of needs assessment programs to confirm the status of existing smart city planning strategies and modernization plans in the various Indian cities;
• Identification and evaluation of smart city planning and infrastructure development projects for USTDA funding;
• Support, including feasibility studies, technical assistance, and reverse trade missions;
• Recommending solutions to achieve smart city planning and infrastructure development objectives;
• Consultation with USTDA stakeholders and potential partners in India on best practices for integrated smart city planning;
• Organization of training sessions with key Indian stakeholders in each of the cities to facilitate smart city deployment initiatives and objectives.
In January 2015, USTDA entered into Memoranda of Understanding with the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh that outline USTDA’s intention to deploy its program tools to support the U.S. in taking a lead role in smart cities development in these three Indian states.
USTDA’s South and Southeast Asia region has a robust India program, which has supported India’s efforts to develop its infrastructure for over three decades. USTDA’s portfolio in India includes transportation and energy infrastructure development projects that typically have and Information, Communications Technology overlay. The Agency’s newest cooperation area is in smart cities development.
In July, 2015, USTDA selected Emerging Markets Infrastructure, working in cooperation with 3E Consulting, Smart Cities Council, Cimperium, Smart Cities Council India and Studio POD (India), to provide technical services supporting the agency’s role in India’s smart city development.
ABOUT THE PROJECT TEAM
The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) has selected Emerging Markets Infrastructure, working in cooperation with 3E Consulting, Smart Cities Council, Cimperium, Smart Cities Council India and Studio POD (India), to provide these technical services supporting the agency’s role in India’s smart city development.
Download Informational PDF
For more info: email Doug Shuster